We appreciate your service to our country and our staff is looking forward to assisting military personnel. Florida Barber Academy is approved for Veterans Educational Benefits by the State Approving Agency. Veterans may complete an application either at the school or the Veterans Administration. Some valuable links can be found below:
Florida Barber Academy is approved for Veterans Educational Benefits by the State Approving Agency. Veterans may complete an application either at the school or the Veterans Administration.
For a list of required documents for students to apply for VA benefits at Florida Barber Academy, please contact your Financial Aid representative and/or VA Certifying official at the campus and we’ll be happy to assist you:
Lazara Tapia- Financial Aid Director
954-791-1792 Ext: 1004
Veterans Approved Educational Benefits (GI Bill®)
Florida Prepaid College
Florida Student Scholarship Grant Programs OSFA:
Bright Futures Scholarship
Link how to apply
For Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch 33) students and VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch 31) students, our tuition policy complies with 38 USC 3679(e) which means Post 9/11 and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment students will not be charged or otherwise penalized due to a delay in VA tuition and fee payments. For eligibility consideration, a Post 9/11 GI Bill student must submit a VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and a Vocational Rehabilitation Student must provide a VAF 28-1905 form.
VA PENDING PAYMENT COMPLIANCE POLICY
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), Florida Barber Academy adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA.
This policy allows any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility (COE) for entitlement to educational assistance ending on the earlier of the following dates:
- The date on which payment from the VA is made to the institution
- 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the COE
This academy will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- Provide a written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
For more information please contact one of our school certifying officials:
- Lazara Tapia- Financial Aid Director: 954-791-1792 Ext. 1004 email@example.com
- Lebony Richards-Bursar/Accreditation Liaison Officer: 954-791-1792 Ext. 1012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maryolaine Miranda-President/Chief Administrative Officer: 954-791-1792 Ext. 1001 email@example.com
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Other Scholarships available within the Beauty Industry: